Jo Lives To Eat

My life is mostly about food!

14:11

The undiscovered cheap eats in London

Posted by thefoodsnob |

Ok, this is possibly not as exciting and enticing as it sounds, as no doubt where I'm about to talk about is not so undiscovered......at least for those who work and live in Farringdon.  However, since I am new to the area I feel I must harp on about the wonders of Exmouth Market.  To be honest, all I knew of the area was Dollar Bar and Grill - which is great for cocktails but I'm not so hot on the food since they took the thai mussels off the menu (big mistake).  Fortunately for me I have the pleasure of wondering down there every day and all that can be said is that it is a cheap foodie's heaven.  Caribbean, Indian, Spanish Tapas, Mexican, English Sausages, Vegetarian, Jewish Deli and more food boxes for just a fiver.  Seriously - when I worked in Soho there was a multitude of takeaways, delis and restaurants at my disposable but my problem is that I always want everything on the menu.  Yes, you might say - stop being such a greedy pig but really.......if you're that into your food you want to try everything - hence why I rarely ate for less than about £7 or £8.  But at the market stalls the vendors cater for that healthy (greedy) appetite and give you the whole blooming lot for just 5 little English pounds - you basically get a concoction of delights from each establishment whether its meat or vegetarian along with bread, salad, rice, sauces or whatever.  I'm ecstatic meandering through the melee every day deciding what I want and with a gorgeous little park next door its the perfect working picnic.








0 comments:

Post a Comment